Fiat Bravo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» CARBON BONNETS AND AERO PARTS FROM CARBON TEKNICS
Lowering Bravo EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 am by samurex31

» WTS - Ultra Gauge EM ver 1.2 (New)
Lowering Bravo EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm by Raiijin

» RainAway Nano-tech Glass Coating Treatment
Lowering Bravo EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am by GT35R

» Honto Racing - A chance to win an IPAD2 when you purchase LUKAS, FINEVu or MIR Blackbox!
Lowering Bravo EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:35 pm by hontoracing

» Online dating for business women. Dating mabie.
Lowering Bravo EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:26 pm by Guest

» Dating nancy. Ovation dating guitar.
Lowering Bravo EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm by Guest

» Newbie in the forum
Lowering Bravo EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm by Guest

» Auto Tran's Problems?
Lowering Bravo EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:07 pm by win

» Name for Sg Bravo Forum
Lowering Bravo EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 pm by chinalim

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Singapore Bravo Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Lowering Bravo

5 posters

Go down

Lowering Bravo Empty Lowering Bravo

Post  MXF Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:25 pm

During recent scounting around....found the following ones that are suitable for our bravo...

1) Novitec - can be done at A/S
2) Eibach - can be done at Espace or Fong Kim
3) H&R - can be done at Fong Kim

I hear that H&R still provides some comfort even after lowering. Considering now for my own ride.

study

MXF
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Lowering Bravo Empty Re: Lowering Bravo

Post  ckboon Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:40 pm

Are there any springs or suspension that does not lower the car but provide a stiffer ride?

I think the bumpers are too low for Singapore roads. The front bumper will hit the curb stones if you drive head in to the parking lot. The rear exhaust can scrape the curb stones as well. Grrr....

Compared to my old Alfa 147, the Bravo suspension is very soft. But then again, the Alfa 147's suspension is rock hard. A bit too hard for comfort. People thought the suspension was kaput.
ckboon
ckboon

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:02 pm

ckboon wrote:Are there any springs or suspension that does not lower the car but provide a stiffer ride?

I think the bumpers are too low for Singapore roads. The front bumper will hit the curb stones if you drive head in to the parking lot. The rear exhaust can scrape the curb stones as well. Grrr....

Compared to my old Alfa 147, the Bravo suspension is very soft. But then again, the Alfa 147's suspension is rock hard. A bit too hard for comfort. People thought the suspension was kaput.

eh....wah bro...u wan firmer ah? me actually worry it would be too firm.... Laughing Razz
eh...but spring is also to lower the bravo to look good leh.....
stock hor...the wheel arc simply too big a gap leh.....look v weird. Razz

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ckboon Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:11 am

MXF wrote:
ckboon wrote:Are there any springs or suspension that does not lower the car but provide a stiffer ride?

eh....wah bro...u wan firmer ah? me actually worry it would be too firm.... Laughing Razz
eh...but spring is also to lower the bravo to look good leh.....
stock hor...the wheel arc simply too big a gap leh.....look v weird. Razz

I think the big gap is meant for 18" wheels. As for the springs, firmer than stock would be nice.
ckboon
ckboon

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:03 am

ckboon wrote:I think the big gap is meant for 18" wheels. As for the springs, firmer than stock would be nice.

hi ck...u mean it has soften quite abit since u've been driving for some time?
i feel stock is abit firm....it is the tyres that is causing the softness.... study

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ckboon Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

MXF wrote:
hi ck...u mean it has soften quite abit since u've been driving for some time?
i feel stock is abit firm....it is the tyres that is causing the softness.... study

It's not the wheels. I had changed to 17" wheels on the Bravo and it improved the handling compared to 16" wheels but in no way compared to 147.

The 147 is like a car on rails. It can take a hard corner with ease. I am not as comfortable doing the same corners in the Bravo as the overall suspension system is not as good as the 147.

You should test drive the 147 to get a feel.
ckboon
ckboon

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:53 pm

ckboon wrote:

It's not the wheels. I had changed to 17" wheels on the Bravo and it improved the handling compared to 16" wheels but in no way compared to 147.

The 147 is like a car on rails. It can take a hard corner with ease. I am not as comfortable doing the same corners in the Bravo as the overall suspension system is not as good as the 147.

Might be due to the suspension layout but I remembered that when I went PG in my Alfa 156, was overtaken by the previous version Bravo at the corners ! I think my skills lousy Crying or Very sad

Anyway, upgrading the springs/shocks should see some incremental improvement to the Bravo. The problem I have with the Bravo is the brakes, very hard to modulate and I think near impossible to do a heel and toe.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:04 pm

teoky wrote:
ckboon wrote:

Might be due to the suspension layout but I remembered that when I went PG in my Alfa 156, was overtaken by the previous version Bravo at the corners ! I think my skills lousy Crying or Very sad

Anyway, upgrading the springs/shocks should see some incremental improvement to the Bravo. The problem I have with the Bravo is the brakes, very hard to modulate and I think near impossible to do a heel and toe.

Hi guys, some input for you guys before lowering your ride w springs. Some tests have been done in overseas with regards to stock shock, lowered spring and shock+absorber change. Same driver , same car but 3 different setup. Surprisingly on track the 1 with only lowered spring took longer laptime as compared to even stock setup. cos the lowered spring compression rate might not be compatible w the stock shock thus affect the performance. So if its for looks then its ok. Just some info..
Anders
Anders

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:14 pm

Anders wrote:

Hi guys, some input for you guys before lowering your ride w springs. Some tests have been done in overseas with regards to stock shock, lowered spring and shock+absorber change. Same driver , same car but 3 different setup. Surprisingly on track the 1 with only lowered spring took longer laptime as compared to even stock setup. cos the lowered spring compression rate might not be compatible w the stock shock thus affect the performance. So if its for looks then its ok. Just some info..

Any idea which springs was used ? Usually just changing springs runs the risk of mismatch between the spring rate and the shocks damping rate. I got a coilover set for my MX5 and it was set wrongly initially to a soft setting, the car was bouncing all over the place ! When I adjust it to a harder settings, the ride is so much nicer, stiff but not bouncy. What you want is to maintain contact with the road at all time.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:03 pm

teoky wrote:
Anders wrote:

Any idea which springs was used ? Usually just changing springs runs the risk of mismatch between the spring rate and the shocks damping rate. I got a coilover set for my MX5 and it was set wrongly initially to a soft setting, the car was bouncing all over the place ! When I adjust it to a harder settings, the ride is so much nicer, stiff but not bouncy. What you want is to maintain contact with the road at all time.

actually....i do believe the explanation that stock might perform better.
for example, when i had my X, we did a couple of things etc.
and before we sold it to get the bravo, we dekit quite a few things.
surprisingly, the drive feel is instead better.

so, i guess we need to know what and why we are modding and bear in mind that not all works positively in every ways.

for looks, hell ya!!! Razz

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:35 pm

MXF wrote:
teoky wrote:
Anders wrote:

actually....i do believe the explanation that stock might perform better.
for example, when i had my X, we did a couple of things etc.
and before we sold it to get the bravo, we dekit quite a few things.
surprisingly, the drive feel is instead better.

so, i guess we need to know what and why we are modding and bear in mind that not all works positively in every ways.

for looks, hell ya!!! Razz

ya i agree. sometimes after dekitting you find your car's more comfortable and better to drive. but still .... CONTINUE TO MOD!!!!! cheers cheers
Anders
Anders

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Actually, sometimes you get caught up in the frenzy of modding especially in a group. I must stress that mods to suspension (springs/coilovers) and chassis (strut bar/thicker ARB) do work but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want better handling, able to corner like on rails, yes, that's probably what you have to do. But if comfort is what you are looking for, stock setup is usually optimum.

Some things are just mutually exclusive, just like you cannot have power AND good FC at the same time (unless hybrid?), I believe it is the same for handling and ride comfort, pretty much mutually exclusive. You may be able to strike a good balance though.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:45 am

teoky wrote:Actually, sometimes you get caught up in the frenzy of modding especially in a group. I must stress that mods to suspension (springs/coilovers) and chassis (strut bar/thicker ARB) do work but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want better handling, able to corner like on rails, yes, that's probably what you have to do. But if comfort is what you are looking for, stock setup is usually optimum.

Some things are just mutually exclusive, just like you cannot have power AND good FC at the same time (unless hybrid?), I believe it is the same for handling and ride comfort, pretty much mutually exclusive. You may be able to strike a good balance though.

But i have to set my own expectations rights....i do not believe that springs change/lower will enable bravo to corner like on rails. there is just something about the bravo that will make that quite impossible.... study

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chinalim Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:31 pm

teoky wrote:Actually, sometimes you get caught up in the frenzy of modding especially in a group. I must stress that mods to suspension (springs/coilovers) and chassis (strut bar/thicker ARB) do work but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you want better handling, able to corner like on rails, yes, that's probably what you have to do. But if comfort is what you are looking for, stock setup is usually optimum.

fully agree with teoky cheers that's why i remain to keep things the way it is. if looks is what u want then go for it but i've got a kid & wife... they'll kill me for mod & providing discomfort to their ride. if u'r single that's fine.... just another view point Smile
chinalim
chinalim

Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Character sheet
woo:
Lowering Bravo Left_bar_bleue0/0Lowering Bravo Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down