Fiat Bravo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» CARBON BONNETS AND AERO PARTS FROM CARBON TEKNICS
Bravo Remap? EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 am by samurex31

» WTS - Ultra Gauge EM ver 1.2 (New)
Bravo Remap? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm by Raiijin

» RainAway Nano-tech Glass Coating Treatment
Bravo Remap? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am by GT35R

» Honto Racing - A chance to win an IPAD2 when you purchase LUKAS, FINEVu or MIR Blackbox!
Bravo Remap? EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:35 pm by hontoracing

» Online dating for business women. Dating mabie.
Bravo Remap? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:26 pm by Guest

» Dating nancy. Ovation dating guitar.
Bravo Remap? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm by Guest

» Newbie in the forum
Bravo Remap? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm by Guest

» Auto Tran's Problems?
Bravo Remap? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:07 pm by win

» Name for Sg Bravo Forum
Bravo Remap? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 pm by chinalim

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Singapore Bravo Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Bravo Remap?

+8
elton_boy
ckboon
MXF
overboost
inactive
teoky
Anders
namron
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bravo Remap? Empty Bravo Remap?

Post  namron Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:06 am

Anyone tried? Or intending to try???

namron

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Bravo Remap? Empty Re: Bravo Remap?

Post  Anders Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:41 am

namron wrote:Anyone tried? Or intending to try???

Bro, u mean remao by TTS or tuner outside?
Anders
Anders

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  namron Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 am

both... anyone itching to try?

namron

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:41 am

namron wrote:both... anyone itching to try?

i think some bros have tried. but not really sure abt the feedback yet.
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:42 am

You can try the test drive Bravo at TTS. It is remapped. Locally, I know VRL performance can do a remap for the Bravo and TTS also offers it.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:45 am

teoky wrote:

You can try the test drive Bravo at TTS. It is remapped. Locally, I know VRL performance can do a remap for the Bravo and TTS also offers it.

Bro, u know who did the tuning for TTS? Dun really trust TTS. How much is VRL quoting? include dyno?
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:45 am

Anders wrote:

Well, power is definitely up compare to stock. However, not too sure about long term reliability or whether any issues. In order to get the power hike, I am sure they are running a higher boost and also increase the fuel injection, you can't have power for free.

What's worrying for me is that stock boost according to what I know is 1.05 but some people say 0.8. Anyway, if stock boost is 1.05 and the ecu remap increase that to 1.2 - 1.3, that's mighty high.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:48 am

Anders wrote:

Bro, u know who did the tuning for TTS? Dun really trust TTS. How much is VRL quoting? include dyno?

VRL performance http://www.vrlperformance.com/Tuning/index.htm

I did not call them so not too sure the cost but according to a posting at MCF, it is around 1.6k ?
Maybe you can call them and update the details here for the benefits of everyone ?

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:52 am

teoky wrote:
Anders wrote:

Well, power is definitely up compare to stock. However, not too sure about long term reliability or whether any issues. In order to get the power hike, I am sure they are running a higher boost and also increase the fuel injection, you can't have power for free.

What's worrying for me is that stock boost according to what I know is 1.05 but some people say 0.8. Anyway, if stock boost is 1.05 and the ecu remap increase that to 1.2 - 1.3, that's mighty high.

i have a boost gauge in my car. it is recorded at a peak of 1.3. damn high i would say for a 1.4L. but also Fiat italy are already selling this bravo with a sports mod that boost to 230 torque. so think realibility should be ok. but yet the car is still so new in the market so got to wait n see.
Anders
Anders

Back to top Go down

Post  inactive Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:39 pm

bro anders. u did yr exo liao?

inactive

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:53 pm

After remap, 185bhp / 280Nm.

You should run in your car first. I did 3 G-Tech Runs. Before remap, right after remap, 3500km after remap. These are my results:

Before
0-60mph
8.82 secs
1/4 mile
16.81 Sec @ 84.1mph

After
0-60mph 8.32 secs
1/4mile
16.48 Sec @ 86.8mph

After 3500km
0-60mph 7.81 secs
1/4mile
16.13 Secs @ 89.1mph

Top Speed on N-S highway: A shade over 225kmh (possibly some speedo error)

I'm no race driver so lotsa wheel spin in 1st. If we could get more grip, I'm sure the timings could be better. But I must admit the in-gear acceleration is fantastic.

Hence, even after remap, you will still need to run the car for a while.

Last edited by overboost on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

overboost

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Bravo Remap? Empty Octane

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Also, with the remap, your car must feed on 98 Octane. 95 Octane would possible cause a dip in boost pressure and power. Never tried 95 so not sure.

overboost

Back to top Go down

Post  inactive Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:15 pm

so nice and poisonous! that's hella lots of torque..any idea when's the peak?

inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:21 pm

overboost....u took ECU remapped bravo to NS highway meh??? Neutral

MXF
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm

overboost wrote:After remap, 185bhp / 280Nm.

You should run in your car first. I did 3 G-Tech Runs. Before remap, right after remap, 3500km after remap. These are my results:

Before
0-60mph
8.82 secs
1/4 mile
16.81 Sec @ 84.1mph

After
0-60mph 8.32 secs
1/4mile
16.48 Sec @ 86.8mph

After 3500km
0-60mph 7.81 secs
1/4mile
16.13 Secs @ 89.1mph

I'm no race driver so lotsa wheel spin in 1st. If we could get more grip, I'm sure the timings could be better. But I must admit the in-gear acceleration is fantastic.

Are you using 95 or 98 petrol ? Actually, the remapped hp/torque numbers are impressive, it gives a very high power to weight ratio, however the 0-60mph numbers are not really that impressive. Could be due to the gear ratio ?

Also, in seems that in stock form, the 0-60mph is quite pathetic. The brochure states a 0-100km/h of 8.5 seconds which in miles is 0-62mph. For comparison, a stock Mark X does the 0-100km/h in 7.8 seconds (Using Gtech also) and the power to weight ratio is inferior.

Did you upsize your tyres/rim ? That could be the reason why your speedometer record 225km/h.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:39 pm

MXF wrote:overboost....u took ECU remapped bravo to NS highway meh??? Neutral

Yup last week! 225kmh indicated but if u use a GPS, maybe less.

overboost

Back to top Go down

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:48 pm

teoky wrote:
overboost wrote:After remap, 185bhp / 280Nm.

Before
0-60mph
8.82 secs
1/4 mile
16.81 Sec @ 84.1mph

After
0-60mph 8.32 secs
1/4mile
16.48 Sec @ 86.8mph

After 3500km
0-60mph 7.81 secs
1/4mile
16.13 Secs @ 89.1mph

Are you using 95 or 98 petrol ? Actually, the remapped hp/torque numbers are impressive, it gives a very high power to weight ratio, however the 0-60mph numbers are not really that impressive. Could be due to the gear ratio ?

Also, in seems that in stock form, the 0-60mph is quite pathetic. The brochure states a 0-100km/h of 8.5 seconds which in miles is 0-62mph. For comparison, a stock Mark X does the 0-100km/h in 7.8 seconds (Using Gtech also) and the power to weight ratio is inferior.

Did you upsize your tyres/rim ? That could be the reason why your speedometer record 225km/h.

Running on 225/45-17

The problem is 1st gear. Too much wheel spin. After remap, you can pull to 6500 rpm, enuff to hit 100kmh. But I always shift a shade below 6k. If you pull to redline, you can probably do better 0-100 but 1/4 mile may suffer. In fact with so much torque, it would be better to have taller gearing.

Anyways, it is a lot easier to launch an automatic. You can teach a monkey how to do a 1/4 mile in an automatic (no offense - meant to be a joke). You will get very consistent results in an automatic. But on a manual, not so easy lah.

In-gear acceleration is impressive. You can just leave it in 6th and let the torque do the talking - Lovely... A car is not just about 0-100. We use that as a benchmark. Enjoy your Bravo! Very Happy

Last edited by overboost on Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : phrase)

overboost

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:49 pm

overboost wrote:Running on 225/45-17

The problem is 1st gear. Too much wheel spin. After remap, you can pull to 6500 rpm, enuff to hit 100kmh. But I always shift a shade below 6k. If you pull to redline, you can probably do better 0-100 but 1/4 mile may suffer. In fact with so much torque, it would be better to have taller gearing.

Anyways, it is a lot easier to launch an automatic. You can teach a monkey how to do a 1/4 mile in an automatic (no offense - meant to be a joke). You will get very consistent results in an automatic. But on a manual, not so easy lah.

In-gear acceleration is impressive. You can just leave it in 6th and let the torque do the talking. Lovely.

yummy!! monkey

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:52 pm

alex2405 wrote:so nice and poisonous! that's hella lots of torque..any idea when's the peak?

Damn, your car with the White Wheels look good!

Peak boost pressue should be about 1.3 bar

overboost

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:58 pm

overboost wrote:
Running on 225/45-17

In-gear acceleration is impressive. You can just leave it in 6th and let the torque do the talking - Lovely... A car is not just about 0-100. We use that as a benchmark. Enjoy your Bravo! Very Happy

I agree on your assessment especially about 0-100km/h. But unless we have the time/inclination/equipment to test out the claims, we can only rely on information given by the manufacturer. Believe it or not, sometimes decision are made based on stated numbers maybe for bragging rights even though the limits may never be tested in a scientific manner. I use Mark X as an example, but another good example would be Golf GT with a stated 7.7 seconds or the Peugeot 207GTI with a stated 7.1 seconds. Both in stock form has inferior power to weight ratio than the remapped Bravo.

Anyway, this is just a discussion, I didn't based my purchase solely on 0-100km/h. It is the intrinsic qualities of an Italian make (having owned a Alfa before) that attracted me to try Fiat. I for one think that in gear acceleration is more important as I don't engage in traffic light sprint anyway Laughing

What's important is that the service from the AD is good, I don't care if it is a niche product, when I buy something, I expect prompt and good service. This forum can be a good platform for both owners and AD to discuss/share ideas and also act as a feedback channel BUT only if we respect each other and also realise that though we have different interests, we are united in the same goal of hoping that Fiat is a brand that we can all be proud of and that it is being elevated to a brand to be reckon with.

I think most of the buyers here would have encountered stares and disbelief when we share with friends/relatives that we are getting a Fiat. The old joke of Fix It Again Tony or Fix It Again Tomorrow is an old and stale joke which we all hope is not true anymore.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:03 pm

teoky wrote:I agree on your assessment especially about 0-100km/h. But unless we have the time/inclination/equipment to test out the claims, we can only rely on information given by the manufacturer. Believe it or not, sometimes decision are made based on stated numbers maybe for bragging rights even though the limits may never be tested in a scientific manner. I use Mark X as an example, but another good example would be Golf GT with a stated 7.7 seconds or the Peugeot 207GTI with a stated 7.1 seconds. Both in stock form has inferior power to weight ratio than the remapped Bravo.

Anyway, this is just a discussion, I didn't based my purchase solely on 0-100km/h. It is the intrinsic qualities of an Italian make (having owned a Alfa before) that attracted me to try Fiat. I for one think that in gear acceleration is more important as I don't engage in traffic light sprint anyway Laughing

What's important is that the service from the AD is good, I don't care if it is a niche product, when I buy something, I expect prompt and good service. This forum can be a good platform for both owners and AD to discuss/share ideas and also act as a feedback channel BUT only if we respect each other and also realise that though we have different interests, we are united in the same goal of hoping that Fiat is a brand that we can all be proud of and that it is being elevated to a brand to be reckon with.

I think most of the buyers here would have encountered stares and disbelief when we share with friends/relatives that we are getting a Fiat. The old joke of Fix It Again Tony or Fix It Again Tomorrow is an old and stale joke which we all hope is not true anymore.

i concur with teoky.
i sincerely hope the AD will not continually live in their own world that they are selling the best brand and take for granted that Fiat does have alot of work in brand building.
pls wake up to the reality that ppl's view of fiat is that of a very very problematic car coupled with a problematic AD.
so it is about time that is made right.

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  overboost Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:19 pm

teoky wrote:
overboost wrote:
Running on 225/45-17

I agree on your assessment especially about 0-100km/h. But unless we have the time/inclination/equipment to test out the claims, we can only rely on information given by the manufacturer. Believe it or not, sometimes decision are made based on stated numbers maybe for bragging rights even though the limits may never be tested in a scientific manner. I use Mark X as an example, but another good example would be Golf GT with a stated 7.7 seconds or the Peugeot 207GTI with a stated 7.1 seconds. Both in stock form has inferior power to weight ratio than the remapped Bravo.

There would be very few manual cars that would be able to meet manufacturer's specs in the hands of an average driver. Besides the driver, there are other variables like road condition - a little sandy and we get wheel spin, ambient temperature and tyres. One of my customers who drives a Ferrari, can never break below 5 secs although manufacturer's quote is 4 secs flat.

1/4 mile trap speed is a good indication if your car is making any more power.

Anyways, I'm not the technical guy at TTS. However, shall any of you encounter any issues, feel free to call me. I would be glad to make sure you all are well taken care of.

We should all meet up some day. I would be pleased to receive any feedbacks with regards to improvements you guys would like to see.

overboost

Back to top Go down

Post  ckboon Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Anders wrote:
teoky wrote:

If the remap is offered by TTS, would they honour the warranty?
Stock boost is supposed to 1.05 bar for T-jet 150. 0.8 bar for T-Jet 120. Got this info from another forum.
ckboon
ckboon

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  inactive Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:08 pm

overboost wrote:
alex2405 wrote:so nice and poisonous! that's hella lots of torque..any idea when's the peak?

Damn, your car with the White Wheels look good!

Peak boost pressue should be about 1.3 bar

yeah..but it's really hard to keep it clean especially with so much brake dust. No

inactive

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 pm

ckboon wrote:If the remap is offered by TTS, would they honour the warranty?
Stock boost is supposed to 1.05 bar for T-jet 150. 0.8 bar for T-Jet 120. Got this info from another forum.

yah..supposedly according to what they say....it is covered. by what terms, quite unsure though. Razz

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next