Fiat Bravo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» CARBON BONNETS AND AERO PARTS FROM CARBON TEKNICS
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 am by samurex31

» WTS - Ultra Gauge EM ver 1.2 (New)
Wiper Frustrations! EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm by Raiijin

» RainAway Nano-tech Glass Coating Treatment
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am by GT35R

» Honto Racing - A chance to win an IPAD2 when you purchase LUKAS, FINEVu or MIR Blackbox!
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 3:35 pm by hontoracing

» Online dating for business women. Dating mabie.
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:26 pm by Guest

» Dating nancy. Ovation dating guitar.
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm by Guest

» Newbie in the forum
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm by Guest

» Auto Tran's Problems?
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:07 pm by win

» Name for Sg Bravo Forum
Wiper Frustrations! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:55 pm by chinalim

Social bookmarking
Bookmark and share the address of Singapore Bravo Forum on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Wiper Frustrations!

+3
happy
namron
MXF
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wiper Frustrations! Empty Wiper Frustrations!

Post  MXF Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 pm

yo brudders....any idea where got sell drop in replacements for the wipers on our Bravo?????

i cannot tahan mine liao......

omd2k.......i cannot understand why u all dun get the stuttering. dun tell me u all just test by using the lever of the wiper that activate the spraying from the tank inside??? that one has soap in it and thus, sure smooth lah.

i've been in several rain drives since i sent in for servicing, and ALL..yes...ALL has stuttering experience. So much so until i just use the manual way of pushing the lever myself. Cannot tahan liao....sometimes even driving without wiper activated and trying to see thru the rain....

so any kind soul pls help advise...i nid to replace them asap....

Mad pale

Last edited by MXF on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total

MXF
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-03-23

Back to top Go down

Wiper Frustrations! Empty Re: Wiper Frustrations!

Post  namron Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:19 pm

mine is working well now... SEASONED liao Very Happy

namron

Number of posts : 56

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:28 pm

huh? seasoned? u mean it will get better with time? Shocked

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:21 pm

MXF wrote:huh? seasoned? u mean it will get better with time? Shocked
yo, you're not alone!! looks like we're not getting any help from T*S! i got this problem since sep07!!!
my neighborhood wash car ppl told me to get the 3M pad (think it's a micro-fine sand pad) to wash the windscreen instead of applying those "useless" claim to be effective solution! i borrowed and use once, it seems effective, but after couple of weeks, back to normal!! reckon need to use the pad everytime u wash car ba... BTW, didnt mgt to find time to look for the pad... so share with me if you mgt to find it... cos dun want to replace the wiper lah, so new!

happy

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  namron Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49 pm

MXF wrote:huh? seasoned? u mean it will get better with time? Shocked

Yes... its working fine now... no more juddering wipers! took >6 months though... cyclops

namron

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:38 am

happy.....i bot one soltions....seems no help....okee....if me find that sand thingee...will inform u....

i feel that it is 2 factor....my car has been left under the sun for too long....since it is ex-stock...and thus...i feel the rubber is not so good liao...

namron....what did u do? even wiper need to run in???

Last edited by MXF on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am

hmm, my text seems truncated?

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  namron Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 am

MXF wrote:happy.....i bot one soltions....seems no help....okee....if me find that sand thingee...will inform u....so T*S ignore again lor....just replace wiper for us lah....
i feel that it is 2 factor....my car has been left under the sun for too long....since it is ex-stock...and thus...i feel the rubber is not so good liao...but they dun listen....

namron....what did u do? even wiper need to run in???

The rubber too good liao ... anyway I did not do anything to the windscreen and wipers...
just endure and let nature wear the rubber out.... Surprised

namron

Back to top Go down

Post  omd2k Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:45 pm

MXF wrote:yo brudders....any idea where got sell drop in replacements for the wipers on our Bravo?????

omd2k....ur workshop ppl obviously never test properly lah....i cannot understand why u all dun get the stuttering. dun tell me u all just test by using the lever of the wiper that activate the spraying from the tank inside??? that one has soap in it and thus, sure smooth lah.

i've been in several rain drives since i sent in to T*S for servicing, and ALL..yes...ALL has stuttering experience. So much so until i just use the manual way of pushing the lever myself. Cannot tahan liao....sometimes even driving without wiper activated and trying to see thru the rain....

so any kind soul pls help advise...i nid to replace them asap....since cannot depend on the AD to even replace it without excuses/reasoning!!!

Mad pale

Even after i changed to new wipers , i do get stuttering if light rain. I dun make a big fuss over it anyway. If u wan, can come, we replace new one for u if it's faulty silicon. Pls check with customer service advisor.

omd2k

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post  Anders Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:28 pm

omd2k wrote:
MXF wrote:yo brudders....any idea where got sell drop in replacements for the wipers on our Bravo?????

omd2k....ur workshop ppl obviously never test properly lah....i cannot understand why u all dun get the stuttering. dun tell me u all just test by using the lever of the wiper that activate the spraying from the tank inside??? that one has soap in it and thus, sure smooth lah.

i've been in several rain drives since i sent in to T*S for servicing, and ALL..yes...ALL has stuttering experience. So much so until i just use the manual way of pushing the lever myself. Cannot tahan liao....sometimes even driving without wiper activated and trying to see thru the rain....

so any kind soul pls help advise...i nid to replace them asap....since cannot depend on the AD to even replace it without excuses/reasoning!!!

Mad pale

Even after i changed to new wipers , i do get stuttering if light rain. I dun make a big fuss over it anyway. If u wan, can come, we replace new one for u if it's faulty silicon. Pls check with customer service advisor.

bro omd2k,

i have since 1st k servicing told your service advisor abt the stuttering of wiper and up to 10 k of servicing still feedback but no wiper has been changed.
Anders
Anders

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  omd2k Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:18 am

Anders wrote:
omd2k wrote:

Mad pale

bro omd2k,

i have since 1st k servicing told your service advisor abt the stuttering of wiper and up to 10 k of servicing still feedback but no wiper has been changed.

1st 1k servicing, check and found ur wipers still in good condition, the glass which had been in contact with the polish made it dry n stutter. I specifically informed the mechanic to do something abt it and he did use something to clean, before handing over to u, i did a check and it was alright. If u really want to change , not feedback or post here, come to us pls.

omd2k

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 am

omd2k wrote:If u really want to change , not feedback or post here, come to us pls.

Razz Razz go to ur side no help so far leh....dun u get it? Razz Razz
we onie get the reply "tested, ok leh, if got issue, come back".... Suspect

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:07 am

anyway....anyone got any idea where to get drop in replacements?
if ppl not willing to chg such things willingly...then we get our own lor.... Sad

any ideas? Bosch have?

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:12 am

I didn't want to jump into the fray for fear of adding fuel to fire but seems like this may be a common issue. My wiper has the same studdering issue also.

Since the existing resolution of cleaning the windscreen doesn't work, isn't it time to try something else ? If it is really the cleaning solution, then it must be one damn strong chemical for being able to last 1500km (cliff's mileage) especially during the recent heavy downpour.

Do take into account that the last thing we want to do as owner is to send our car to workshop or to make minor claims if we can help it. We want our ownership experience to be as stress and problem free, wouldn't you ?

If you guys are not convinced that the wiper studder during rain, I volunteer to take one of your service guy for a ride when it rain. Maybe together, we can get to the bottom of this.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:17 am

ok lah...guys.....i hv no hard feelings against anyone here....nor any agent....
i'm jus venting my frustrations at the constant issue with the wiper.
and is just hoping for some advise on what can be done.

i dun like sitting there adn doing nothing lor...so would like to see what can be done.

any kind souls? Razz

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teoky Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:03 pm

I got caught in the rain and naturally the wiper came into action.

This is my observation :

1) The studdering came only from the right wiper (driver's side wiper)
2) If you use the manual wipe (push up on the wiper level), there's no shuddering. I think this is due to the speed. Using the manual wipe, you can see that the speed that the wiper move across the windscreen is much faster, hence the studdering is minimized, not totally gone, but much better. If you use any of the auto settings, intermittent, slow or fast, the studdering will come in. Fast setting again minimized the studdering.
3) The right wiper is longer than the left wiper hence it has more surface area to move across.

Anyway, wiper studdering is not the norm.

teoky
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  omd2k Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:49 pm

MXF wrote:
omd2k wrote:If u really want to change , not feedback or post here, come to us pls.

Razz Razz go to ur side no help so far leh....dun u get it? Razz Razz
we onie get the reply "tested, ok leh, if got issue, come back".... Suspect

U remember? u collected the key from me, so i wonder who spoke to u. It's a small issue anyway. U can come back to me.

omd2k

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:08 pm

teoky wrote:I got caught in the rain and naturally the wiper came into action.

This is my observation :

1) The studdering came only from the right wiper (driver's side wiper)
2) If you use the manual wipe (push up on the wiper level), there's no shuddering. I think this is due to the speed. Using the manual wipe, you can see that the speed that the wiper move across the windscreen is much faster, hence the studdering is minimized, not totally gone, but much better. If you use any of the auto settings, intermittent, slow or fast, the studdering will come in. Fast setting again minimized the studdering.
3) The right wiper is longer than the left wiper hence it has more surface area to move across.

Anyway, wiper studdering is not the norm.

teoky....i did more research than u .... Razz
cos got caught in more rain days than u.... Razz Razz
using manual wipe has 2 speeds. Tap it and it will swipe at normal speeds. If you hold on to the manual swipe, it swipes faster. Yes, the faster speed one is quite okay. It is the normal speed one that has the issue, together with the auto, intermittent etc etc.

my stuttering is not only the right side. The left oso. But it is at different spots on the windscreen. quite consistent though, so not sure if it is that specific part of the blade having issue.

beats me..... Wink

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:11 pm

omd2k wrote:U remember? u collected the key from me, so i wonder who spoke to u. It's a small issue anyway. U can come back to me.

Razz Razz bobby.... Razz Razz yup...it was you.... Razz Razz
but you said it was ur guys who said it was ok..... Razz Razz
ok lah...sorry ok? just quite frustrated...esp when in heavy traffic in heavy rain....if old still okay...but the car so new...and yet got such issue...so frustrated lor... Razz Razz

but seriously asking where got sell lor....i think i need to chg it in order to verify whether that is a cause. cos i used that expensive solution to clean many times liao...and still not that good yet..... Razz Crying or Very sad

thanks bobby...as i said b4...u re the bright spark there lah.... cheers

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  happy Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:19 pm

well, i realise the stuttering only happens awhile after you use the wiper? i.e. 10-15mins? anyone same as me? i always set to intermittent mode with speed setting varies according to the rain, unless really heavy lah...
could it be due to the cleanliness of windscreen that causes the friction? maybe T*S pour mama lemon?? haha!! joke hor...

happy

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:22 pm

yup...i oso find so....
if i use the cleaner on my windscreen..and in rain....it might work well for a while...then the stuttering will come in....10 to 15mins? maybe...about there....

yes, me oso use the intermittent one....but the stuttering has made me switch to manual or dun use! Razz Razz Razz

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  omd2k Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:13 pm

MXF wrote:
omd2k wrote:U remember? u collected the key from me, so i wonder who spoke to u. It's a small issue anyway. U can come back to me.

Razz Razz bobby.... Razz Razz yup...it was you.... Razz Razz
but you said it was ur guys who said it was ok..... Razz Razz
ok lah...sorry ok? just quite frustrated...esp when in heavy traffic in heavy rain....if old still okay...but the car so new...and yet got such issue...so frustrated lor... Razz Razz

but seriously asking where got sell lor....i think i need to chg it in order to verify whether that is a cause. cos i used that expensive solution to clean many times liao...and still not that good yet..... Razz Crying or Very sad

thanks bobby...as i said b4...u re the bright spark there lah.... cheers

Dear MXF and Teoky, i understand that owners would not want to make many trips to wkshop juz to rectify small issues. I have consulted different mechanics' opinions and most of them say it's the waxing that caused the stuttering. If the wipers are not worn out, it doesn't justify us to replace new ones. As i mentioned, i replaced new ones also get stuttering if light rain. I dun bother abt mine coz it doesn't rain everyday anyway. Juz swipe if there is enough water on the windscreen and u will not get stuttering. I believe all types of cars will face this problem due to the extreme hot weather here. This is my additional opinion, I maybe wrong: Rubbers and silicon may turn out of shape under the hot sun causing it not in line with the windscreens. Rubbers against glass under hot sun may result to stickyness? That's y u see some owners actually lift up their wipers after they parked their cars. Afterall, its juz wipers and not major engine problems. So even after changing new wipers, after a while, will encounter this problem unless u only drive out of ur sheltered carpark during nite time only. Not even a day outside the hot sun and no problems! But it's not possible mah.

omd2k

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Back to my very 1st question....where can i get replacements? Sad

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wiper Frustrations! Empty Silicon wipers

Post  omd2k Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:59 pm

MXF wrote:Back to my very 1st question....where can i get replacements? Sad

Can try this shop, i get to know the sales guy in roadshow.
http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11125166/Twister_Spoiler_Silicon_Wiper_Blades.html

omd2k

Back to top Go down

Post  MXF Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:30 pm

Thanks.....

MXF
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum